Washington DC and the surrounding areas are one of the most history-rich parts of the United States to visit. With so much to do, and so many beautiful places to see, you need to book at least a week or more to be able to take it all in. And plan to do a lot of driving if you want to explore on your own. But if you’d rather ride than drive, and aren’t keen on public transportation or phone app car services, but aren’t sure you really need a limo, we’ve got a list of 10 reasons why you might want to consider one, instead of those other options.
1. You get to ride in a Limousine! And that’s something that all ages enjoy!
2. Riding in a limousine gives you the freedom to sit back, relax and enjoy the company of your friends or family, in a private, quiet and luxurious environment.
3. If you enjoy having an adult beverage or two with your friends, having a reliable designated driver chauffeur at you service is definitely the way to go. Plus, it’s legal to drink in a limousine. Not so with public transportation or amateur car services.
4. If you have kids, enough said. They love limos!
5. You get the V.I.P. treatment usually reserved for DC bigwigs!
6. A professional with knowledge of the city is behind the wheel.
7. You can continue the party after the event, or on the way to the next stop!
8. Corporate meetings are much more productive, with room to work on the way.
9. There is no better way to get in/out of the DC area airports than a limousine.
10. As we mentioned at the beginning, if you want to take in all the sites that DC has to offer, doing so in a luxury limousine, with an experienced guide navigating through the city, you can’t go wrong with a limo. No set “tour routes”. You go where you want to go, stay as long as you want to stay, or if you’d rather not plan things out yourself, sit back and let your personal tour guide take you to the best spots.
So if any or all of these sound like a good idea to you – whether you’re a tourist or a local – check out our DC limo fleet, or submit a free online limo price quote request, and get started planning your DC adventure! We’re here 24/7 365 to serve you, always ready and willing to answer your luxury transportation questions, or help you to choose the perfect limo for any occasion.
Thanks for reading!
Despite the cold temperature and big crowd I made to Tidal Basin last Sunday to see the cherry blossom in peak conditions. Here are some of the photos I took.
It’s that time of year again. As we write this, the holiday season is upon us, and for a lot of people that means it’s travel time. Whether that’s a flight home to spend Thanksgiving with relatives, or maybe family is coming in to stay with you over Christmas or Hanukkah, there will more than likely be an airplane, train or car involved for you or your family members. And to help make that a little less stressful, we have a few suggestions.
Let’s assume, like most folks, your travel involves an airplane, and therefore an airport. And what’s the last place you want to be during the holiday travel rush? OK, maybe the mall is the last place, but what comes after that? That’s right, the airport. No one really enjoys traveling to and from – not to mention making their way through the airport, even in the best of times. Traffic snarls, parking nightmares and long security lines are just some of the reasons. And during the holiday travel season, you can almost guarantee these things will be 5 times as bad due to the increase in passengers.
If you’re flying yourself, you want to allow double the usual recommended time to get to the airport, get through security, and get to your gate. Trust us on this one. And if you’re driving yourself, add an extra half an hour just to be sure you can find a parking space. If you’re taking a cab, better book that way ahead of time, and call them first thing that morning to confirm they’ll be there.
If you’re using one of those unregulated phone app “car services”, better reserve that car well in advance too, if you can. And just hope you get a driver who knows the best way to get to an overcrowded Dulles. The last thing you need on your travel day is a lost driver staring at his GPS trying to find an alternate route around the traffic.
We already talked about reducing your airport stress level in a previous blog posting, and the information there is even more valid during the holidays. So it bears repeating that if you want to take as much stress out of getting to and from the DC area airports, hire a professional. A well trained chauffeur who knows the city, knows the routes (and the alternate routes) to get you there on time, and as relaxed as possible given the holiday bustle.
And if it’s your family who’s coming to visit you for the holidays, wouldn’t you feel more comfortable and confident knowing a professional is handling their transportation to you? It’s one less thing to worry about, and one small way to make the holidays a little less stressful.
We can’t help with your in-laws arguing over dinner, or an overcrowded bathroom in your house, but at least you won’t have to add traffic and airport messes to your list of holiday chores. So take a look at our DC limousine fleet page, submit your free limo price quote request, or just give us a call. We’re here 24/7 to help you with your holiday travel transportation needs.
Thanks for reading, and happy holidays!